Supporting an iconic british telecoms provider
Hazel 4D were approached by a large communications provider. In 2014 as they were having issues with their current supplier.
Hazel 4D were able to identify numerous opportunities for improvement and cost reduction and after extensive discussions and presentations were awarded the Packaging & Label Contract later that year. We remain their primary packaging provider to this present day, supplying almost 300 product lines and providing high levels of support and service to all of their main sites.
At the outset of Hazel 4D’s involvement the company was using many outdated packaging materials and processes. We worked closely with them to drive significant improvements –cost reduction, removal of plastics, damage reduction, packaging automation & efficiency. A number of the notable achievements are as follows;
- Transfer from plastic to sustainable Paper Tape systems with automated dispensers
- Moved to a Recycled Material for their polythene mailing bags
- Design & Supply of bespoke packaging solutions for their Test & Repair centre for Wi-fi Hubs
- Provided innovation advice regarding their Returns Packaging System including artwork production and sampling
- As a UK communications provider it is essential that they have continuity of supply at all times –this has been fully maintained by Hazel 4D during the challenging times of Brexit and the Pandemic
- Eliminated loose-fill chippings by moving to cardboard convertor which produced void fill from waste cardboard
- Moved away from traditional plastic bubble wrap to Locked Air environmentally friendly bubble pouches reducing plastic significantly whilst also reducing on-site storage issues from bulky bubble wrap
- Eliminated the need for stretch wrapping tote boxes to pallets by using Velcro straps that can be reused in closed loop system
- Developed an automatic strapping line to improve efficiency and reduce head count in a labour intensive repacking area for a key retail client
- Supported and Managed the companies bailing and waste recycling.
- Introduced new safety knife range across the sites
- Worked with the sites to introduce new range of boxes to replace plastic shrink-wrap bundling to eliminate plastic usage and replace with environmentally friendly cardboard boxes that were made from recycled material and full recyclable.
- Supplied and installed new stretch wrapping machinery to improve pallet load stability and reduce plastic
- Due to change of legislation regarding Transport of Hazardous Materials (e.g. batteries) supported them in new labelling and packaging solutions across the group to ensure compliance
Leading edge technologies
We use a global network of partners to bring you the latest packaging innovations at competitive prices.
Being trusted to deliver impeccable service every time
Our team of experts includes technical consultants, packaging technologists, project managers and procurement specialists. Many of them have been with Hazel 4D for over 20 years.
To see their smiling faces, visit our meet the team page or get in touch to arrange a site visit.
Your search for ~ returned 0 results. Click through to the shop for more products and information